This may seem simple or boring but we believe it is the absolute key to successful racing. Be patient, often way longer than you think you need to be. When you pass or get pass matters. We also look at why people lose motivation in triathlon and the reason is often easy to fix. Do you train with a negative split mentality? Do you take what the course gives you? And we’ll tell you why training by MPH is a losing battle.
- BBMC - Blake Becker shout out
- The power of holding back in training
- Ironman and Pacing
- Swim Gears
- How much time do you really save in the swim?
- When you’re married to a pace
- Practicing restraint
- Lack of execution is the real problem
- Why your fitness doesn’t show in races
- Paying the Piper
- Negative split training
- Slow starts
- Taking what the course gives you
- The goal is to pass at toward the end
- Roasted on the Stick
- Winning to pain ratio
- The mentality of fighting back
- The power of the pass
- Math lessons and correlation to pacing
- Who slows down the least?
- Where motivation goes to die
- Training by MPH
- Prematurely grading your performance
- Posting the highlights
- Be selective about your grinders
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org