Today we talk about how you should “feel” when you train. How much is too much, how much is not enough. Is 70.3 shape good enough to do a short Ironman build? Also, the “Ironman freak out” and how most athletes translate their panic into over training. Can you be in better Ironman shape than 70.3 shape? And finally we look at IRONMAN Wisconsin’s move to June and how that will affect athletes and the race itself.
- The IRONMAN FREAK OUT
- Who would be our ideal guest?
- When do you start your build?
- Burning matches in training
- Overconfidence and your race
- How to peak at the perfect time
- Mental peaks
- The difference between Ironman and 70.3 shape
- Tired and fatigued too early in the cycle
- Finding that late season spark in training
- Being fresh on race day
- Chasing “gains” on every workout
- Understanding absorbing the load
- Sticking to the intention of the workout
- Couch to Ironman
- Raising the percentage of getting to the start line healthy and fresh
- Hammering yourself into the ground
- Mental, emotional, physical burn out
- When you need a long taper . . .
- 7 to 8 week builds
- Appropriately challenging
- How the body absorbs load and calls for more
- Fast vs. Sturdy
- The fear of not running or cycling far enough
- Long bricks
- Hysteria causing facebook groups
- The Extreme approach
- Managing effort
- Ironman Wisconsin in June??
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com