Improvement comes when we’re least stressed but the pressure to be green in training peaks or perfect leading up to a race can take over our mindset, and take away the fun. Today… we look at what it looks like to “try” and to “not try.” Going from mentally weak to strong. We talk about unhealthy obsessions, what a “successful” race looks like. And skewed views of perfection. This is your journey and you should assign your own value to success in training, racing, and life.
- Coaching and Learning
- Becoming a different person over the year
- This is YOUR Journey
- Reward systems in life
- Our Endless Pool blew a gasket
- Kids and Courage
- It’s about Trying
- The value assigned to everything
- How to understand racing
- The numbers vs. the effort
- Doing positive things as a person
- What does “Good work” feel like?
- Skewed views of perfection
- Life stress and improving
- Who have you turned me into?
- Mentally weak to strong
- Disappointed by COLORS in Training Peaks
- Overheating mentality
- Unhealthy obsession
- The best training week for you looks like . . .
- Too many cooks in the kitchen
- Enjoy the game for what it is
- The small margin of error between success and unhappiness
- Feeling successful
- Racing with House Money
- If it’s not fun, why are you doing it?
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com