If you don’t like hair cut stories, skip to 10 minute mark. After that it’s all about how to handle the heat, humidity and dew point. How you should train in it, when you should not train in it. We look at how pace, RPE, and recovery are effected by heat and especially Dew Point. We discuss what is too hard in heat and how best to prepare for training in heat and hot races. Can you tame your ego enough to run outside when it’s hot? We get into the purpose of bricks and good heat volume tactics.
- Mike and Robbie’s Hair Cut delirium
- Heat, Humidity, Dew Point overview (starts at 10 minutes)
- Heat acclimation
- Heart Rate too high?
- RPE and Recovery are different
- Are you “losing fitness or speed?”
- What are you doing BEFORE you run in heat?
- The Dew Point crushes people
- Pushing too hard in heat . . . how you’ll know
- Weight Loss and Heat
- The best way to run yourself into the ground
- Managing stress
- Taming your ego
- The problem with “throwing in” a Sprint or Oly
- Crushing Yourself doesn’t make you better or faster
- The main objective of training
- Getting wrecked in heat doesn’t make you faster
- Why Sprints and Olys can be more dangerous
- The Garmin “Heat Acclimation” function
- Rekindling your spirit to train when it’s hot
- When you get off the the bike in a race . . .
- Running off the bike Mentality
- Having Patience in the heat
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org