We can’t get faster every day. There has to be an unloading process to recover. Today we look at the point of taper, the importance of taking days off, and down weeks. We talk about heat and altitude acclimation, and how training should relieve stress. Sometimes you just don’t have it and there could be a simple reason: because you’re tired. As coaches we often look at a red in training peaks and see a green because it means your body needed it. Pressure equals force and all stress creates pressure. Identify what your body needs. What would you do if you had a choice day tomorrow?
- Taper Analogies
- Facebook group input
- Follow C26 Triathlon on Instagram
- Sometimes You’re Just Tired
- Life Affects Your Body
- Heat Acclimation
- Altitude Acclimation
- Water temp and pace
- Mike’s teaching water aerobics?
- Cookie Guilt
- Job, relationship, life stress matters
- Control what you can
- Triathlon should RELIEVE stress
- Save the “gritting through it” for race day
- I just didn’t have it today
- When Red in Training Peaks is a Green
- You have to unload
- There’s no such thing as always going up
- What would you do if you had a choice day?
- The most exhausting days are mental
- Pressure equals Force
- Embracing the Unknown
- Check out our new Hub Experience/Condo Combo package deal for only $475. Limited time offer! Book directly with C26operations@gmail.com
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org