A huge turnout for Ironman Texas 70.3 gives us a lot to be excited about. Today, we look at the tough swim, the windy bike, and a run that heated up under the sun. We also talk about Ironman and how they approached this race from a protocols perspective. We were surprised that, for the most part the race was pretty normal. We get into the pros a little, including how cool it is to have them on the course. We also look at Coach Robbie’s tough day.
- Racing is Back and we're confident it's to stay
- Bike Check In
- Athlete Check in QR codes
- Transition appointments
- Timing mats, new docks, timed waves
- Transition didn’t “close” race morning
- Bike Rack changes?
- Rough Swim
- Swimming in sea chop
- Wetsuit strippers?
- Sighting, swimming on feet
- Bike out
- Tailwind going out
- Slow coming back
- Dealing with swallowing salt water
- Pros race
- Run heat, no shade, no wind
- Close pro finish
- Volunteers and aid stations
- Grateful, happy, racing
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com