Ironman Texas 70.3 almost here and Coach Robbie talks about his mental approach to Race Week. We get into what not to do during your race week, how to look at nerves and anxiety, and what it means to race after such a long time off. We look at race strategy, setting A, B, and C goals. How to tackle the swim, adjust your in-race decisions, and the most important question you can ask yourself throughout the race. We also look at gratitude for racing and how wind, heat, and other variables should affect your decision making process.
- Being grateful for where we are
- The 3 week training/life cycle
- 100% confident Texas 70.3 will happen
- What does “Nervous” mean to you?
- Race week anxiety
- Facebook Race Groups
- When is it time to pull the plug on a workout?
- Setting A, B & C Race Goals
- Have fun, breathe, rip it
- Race week training
- Put your face in the water and say “Ahh”
- “I felt sluggish for 3 miles, then . . . “
- Racing Free
- Remembering your good training days
- The first few miles are very important
- “Fall into Pace”
- Making the In-Race Decisions
- Tailwind, heat, humidity, cold . . .
- How the bike can ruin your run
- Let go . . . trust the universe
- Don’t blow a good hand on race day
- In-Race flexibility and modifying your plan
- The big question: How will this decision impact the last 5 miles of the run?
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com