Racing is back, so how will the sport look in 2021? We preview Challenge Miami and explore the question of whether Challenge can cut into Ironman 70.3’s customer base. We talk about making courses more enjoyable to race, upping the tracker game, and finding unique race location. We also get into tough experience racing, why that means so us to us and how to find more satisfaction in the challenges. How can races be more fun? Beat adversity in training and racing. A Challenge Miami preview. And Learning from tough memories.
- Consistency is king, even in podcasting
- We’re still trying to find our way
- Challenge Miami preview
- Pro field at Challenge Miami and who to watch
- Televised triathlon
- Revisiting Challenge Daytona and what it meant
- Building the sport of triathlon
- What makes races popular
- Challenge Miami as the early season Kona bookend?
- Opportunities at the 70.3 distance
- Challenge vs. Ironman brand
- Smaller races, more loops, more exclusive?
- Making races more spectator friendly and why that matters
- There’s nothing wrong with hard courses
- Embracing our toughest memories
- Wisconsin, Louisville, Chattanooga
- Mass swim starts
- Excitement for the season
- What makes a course hard for you?
- Beating Adversity
- Searching for answers and moving on with races
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org