The last year has put us in “cancelled” mode, but now we’re seeing races sneak up on us and a lot of athletes feel “behind.” How do you build confidence when the clock is ticking? Today, we look at how to get the most out of what may seem like limited time. We also talk about smart training strategy for all races. What you should focus on as strengths, weaknesses, and how use the energy of race day. We also look at how Type A athletes can benefit from being more Type B and vice versa.
- How do we build race confidence if we feel undertrained?
- We’re feeling good about upcoming races
- Coffee submissions - Send in your local coffee
- February . . .
- How do you find your “elusive” zone?
- It’s time to get over things
- The gigantic mistake we all make in training
- Study the course and train for that
- Focus on your confidence
- Countdown clocks are exhausting
- When a Bad Week is a Good Week
- When Type A athletes need to be more Type B and vice versa
- What’s your first thought when you see 8 weeks until Race Day?
- “Load me up coach”
- How life chips away at you
- Are you obsessed with making up missed workouts?
- How to stop worrying about what you haven’t done
- Race Day Energy - Do you harness it or let it take you out of yourself?
- Stress is different for everyone
- Do what you can, when you can
- You Can’t Play Catch Up to Race Day
- Peeing uphill on the bike?
- The end is so far away
- Don’t try to be perfect on Day One
- Just showing up to a race is a win
- Thin your daily stress herd
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com