Run Camp once again taught and reminded us of the importance of committing to getting better by “racing yourself.” Today we look at how to motivate ourselves with or without racing. We look at why strong is better than fast even if you want to go fast. Also, positive peer pressure, making hills our best friends and out-executing the competition. We talk about turning nervous energy into a positive, letting down your guard, and becoming obsessed with feeling strong and durable.
- How do we judge “better?”
- Letting down your guard
- Stressed and anxious?
- Motivation to push ourselves
- Positive peer pressure
- What happens when we don’t think?
- Hills are our best friends
- Nervous energy as a positive
- They ran further than ever at run camp
- Racing Yourself
- Why endurance sports are great for development
- How do you want to challenge yourself?
- Molding challenges into daily life
- Strong vs. Fast . . . what’s it feel like?
- Not letting distraction into your run
- Learning and embracing growth
- Speed vs. Efficiency
- Racing smart and why it matters
- Out-executing your competition
- Obsessed with feeling strong and durable
- In-Race Recovery
- Knowing who you are as an athlete
- Making your last mile the fastest
- Quick vs. Fast
- Holding on at the End of Races
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com