This is our second version of “Fraud or For Real” and we answer questions from our closed Facebook group. We look at drafting on the run, carb loading, training through bad diets. Also, goggle fog, are shoes faster than others, optimum weight for racing, road bikes vs. tri bikes. And what about disc wheels? Do they make that much difference? Is there a comfortable saddle? Do shorter cranks help triathletes? And . . . what’s the perfect taper?
- You can Draft While Running?
- Is there such a thing as “Carb Loading”
- You can “out-train” a bad diet
- The Nike ZoomX Vaporfly will take minutes off my run?
- The best way to avoid goggle fog is spitting?
- The less I weigh, the faster I will be?
- If you don’t complete a set of Tarzan drills coach will give you the same drills twice in the same week?
- The perfect taper doesn’t exist?
- If you don’t eat the right balance of protein and carbs right after a workout, you are not maximizing the benefits of the workout?
- Disk wheel or no disk? Really that important for a Sprint or Oly?
- I will one day find a saddle that my tushie finds comfortable?
- Shorter cranks are in general better for triathletes?
- The more “stuff” I have, the better I’ll get?
- My road bike can smoke your trip bike on any course that is not totally flat. So I’m better off saving 4k?
- A fan is super important for cooling during bike workouts?
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org