We go on a run or ride and just don’t have it. What next? Do we push it or pull back further than normal? How do we understand when it’s time to lay back vs. push? Today, we look at the variables involved, how you should make your decision, and how to know if it’s time to push or lay back. We also talk creating resiliency and race environments. De-hydration, coffee, and why you should always keep an eye on your next 48 hours. Time for a rest day?
- Losing touch with your body
- When to take rest days
- Taking advantage of the heat and cold weather
- Feeling Strong vs. Fast
- When you’re feeing “off”
- “I don’t feel that awesome”
- Heart Rate correlation to feel
- What are you trying to prove to yourself today?
- The beauty of being okay with flexibility in workout days
- When we “want” beyond our skill
- Pushing the bike is different than the run
- It takes a while for the legs to wake up
- Think about your next 48 HOURS
- Unreal expectations
- Where do you want to be in 3 days?
- Setting your body up for a Zone 2 Ride/Run
- Creating a Race Environment
- Riding outside vs. Inside
- You must create resiliency
- Stay Mentally Engaged in workouts
- Being acclimated to Reacting during a race
- Hydration and chronic de-hydration
- Treadmill or Outside?
- ERG Mode???
- Create and solve problems
- Know what things “feel” like
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org