Today we turn the podcast over to listener questions from our closed Facebook Group (Search Crushing Iron Group). We get into swim training without a pool, how to run more frequently when you’re trying to get better on the bike, too. How athletes with more muscle can get faster. Liquid vs. solid nutrition. Running slow vs. Running easy. Periodization in your training plan. Activating your lats in the pool. Don’t forget to check out our C26 Club Program at c26triathlon.com
- Hypothetical 70.3 vs. Full Training/Racing Question . . . who would win?
- What’s the Best approach to train for the swim without swimming?
- How does everyone fit in the 6 run sessions (How to not suck at running) along with everything else swim, bike, strength?
- Do you ever wish you started Ironman training earlier in life?
- What’s the best way for athletes that carry more muscle to train?
- I understand run frequency is important this time of year, but what do you do if your biking is also a limiter? Is there an approach to address both?
- Does the running phenomena of “junk miles” really exist?
- Liquid nutrition on the bike over solid, what are your views?
- What are each of your favorite podcasts? Least favorites?
- How can I do a better job activating my lats when I swim?
- Slow running vs. Easy running and shouldn’t I be seeing myself getting faster?
- What’s your view on periodization? Prep/base/build/peak/taper structure.
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org