Back to the Crushing Iron Facebook Group (Search Crushing Iron Group) for listener questions and we got some good ones! Favorite bike workouts, changing bike cassettes for different courses, our bikes of choice, superstitions, adjusting power and HR numbers for races, how the podcast has changed our approach, and how we coach athletes that struggle with consistency. Questions are below and we had a great time!
- What is Robbie’s favorite bike workout, be specific. (Will Mike share his??)
- If I’m going to change to easier gearing for a hilly triathlon (In my case 70.3 Blue Ridge and then IMWI), should I just keep training with the cassette I have over the winter since it’s harder and if so, when would be a good time to change to the easier cassette relative to race day?
- What kind of bikes does Mike own?? I'm figuring there has got to be more than one
- What are your superstitions, or what you have to have, need, or do before a race?
- At a high level, what is best way to strategize your “numbers” for a race? Is there a best approach to swim pace, bike power, and run pace based on your training numbers?
- Are our tires less inflated than we intend to be by losing that quick puff of air when disconnecting the pump...or am I the only one that struggles with this?
- Doing my first 70.3 next year, what are the things you wish you knew when you did your first half back in the day?
- My first 70.3 in Augusta last year was brutally hot but I felt the crowd and atmosphere around me at all times and so mentally I felt strong the whole race. A month ago I did the bike leg of the full Ironman at the Great Floridian and it absolutely killed me from a mental standpoint. What tactics or things can I do leading up to my first full in Chattanooga this year to help from a mental stamina standpoint? I’m starting to learn quickly that Ironman is actually a 4 sport game and not just 3.
- How has this podcast changed you both athletically - pressure to stay consistent? Accountability?
- If you could make one rule that every triathlete MUST follow to participate in the sport, what would it be?
- Have you guys done any sweet jumps on your race bikes?
- Looking back on 2020 and how much changed from Jan 1, how are you planning on planning and attacking 2021 differently from both the physical and the mental perspective? I guess more specifically, in terms of the self coached athlete looking to start planning some training blocks.
- How do you, Robbie and Mike, work with and coach athletes who struggle with consistency year-round?
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Bruce - email@example.com