More naps, coffee with friends, hikes with your dog, days off? What’s it gonna take? December has always been a tricky month, and this year, maybe more than ever. Today, we talk about a list of things Coach Robbie sent to our athletes about how to best “attack” December. The biggest things is to keep the train rolling, be strong, recover, and connect. A new season is looming and what you do this month can put you in a great position to train like you want to train for next year’s races.
- Keeping the Momentum
- Thank YOU for the support
- Empowering each other
- Truly understanding how you FEEL
- The skill of flexibility
- Feeling good but not smashed
- Why coach Robbie is “pumped”
- What sounds fun to you
- Take More Naps (at the right time)
- Athletes who NEVER race
- Learning from addictive personalities
- Willpower or Burnout?
- The most important skill an athlete can have
- Making decisions with confidence
- Coaches shouldn’t be your ultimate decision maker
- Who has your back?
- Ramp ups, down weeks, and DOWN PERIODS
- If you’re hungry, eat
- Is it being lazy or genuinely tired?
- The rebellion of “skipping workouts”
- Are you obligated to the race or yourself?
- Putting yourself in the best position possible
- The best athletes in the world race by feel
- The full tank of gas analogy
- It’s okay to stop when you’re ahead
- The “slow cook” workouts
- Giving your heart exactly what it craves
- Seasonal depression
- Required days off in December
- What a “day off” means
- Round off your personality
- Rediscover your true desires outside of triathlon
- Staying on the track while looking around
- Living and breathing triathlon
- Build your community connection
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
You can also slide by www.crushingiron.com which is now the official blog page for the podcast. Community and coaching information are at www.c26triathlon.com
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Mike Tarrolly - email@example.com
Robbie Bruce - firstname.lastname@example.org