Today's podcast is a discussion based on this rant titled, "The Watering Down of Ironman" by Bruce Butler.
Here's an excerpt from the post:
"This change was part of Ironman’s “SwimSmart initiative,” with the goal of “improving athlete satisfaction and reducing anxiety during the swim portion of the race.” As part of this initiative, floats are also available so swimmers can stop and take a breather if needed.
We address his post, but look at many other ways we can all enjoy the sport more and offer a solid potential solution for the Mass Swim Start dilemma.
- Does the SwimSmart Initiative Really Make Things Safer?
- What Does Ironman REALLY Do For People?
- Why not have some Mass Starts?
- Don't people like the idea of picking races because they're different?
- Are You Trained Up Enough To Enjoy Your Races?
- Obsessing On Accomplishment vs. The Process
- The AWA - All World Athlete?
- How We Feel About People Who Say Ironman is Easy
- The Underdog Story
Looking for a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
If you enjoy the Crushing Iron podcast, you can support us with a direct pledge here. Thanks for listening!
Please subscribe to Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron
Crushing Iron Podcasts Hosts: Mike Tarrolly and Coach Robbie Bruce